As you know, Shopbop is an awesome online boutique – and a lot of that is due to their stellar Fashion Director, Kate Ciepluch. With a super laid-back attitude and an eye for what's next, Kate has been curating a collection for Shopbop that girls all over the country are pining for, and purchasing.
During Shopbop's Spring 2011 preview, we talked with Kate about trends (asymmetrical hems, beachy knits), colors (Crayola brights, sand-blasted neutrals), and the brands she's especially excited about (Jen Kao, Rag & Bone, Chris Benz, Victor+Rolf, Calvin Klein)... but we wanted to learn more about the girl behind Shopbop. Read on to discover a few of Kate's favorite things, including a few things you'd expect and some you don't!
1. I love to check out out the latest Moma exhibit on my ipad and then see it in person.
2. Poring over magazines at McNally Jackson Books in Nolita.
3. Running over the Brooklyn Bridge on the weekends.
4. Varsity jackets, because they provide that cool tomboy style I love. Check out the above Of Two Minds version that blends a classic tweed with leather sleeves.
5. SUPER wide-leg pants are on my shopping list for the spring. The pant/skirt hybid is as chic as it gets! (These are also a StyledOn fave!!)
6. Grapefruit Margaritas at Barrio Chino.
Which of Kate's picks also make your list?