Careers at StyledOn, the Leading Social Style Community Platform for Influencers and Fashionistas
StyledOn.com is a VC-backed startup based in NY and LA focused on creating the largest style centric social network — we are well on our way, but we need help!
We are a marriage of fashion and technology. If this sounds appealing to you, check our current openings and see if your skill set matches. However, if you don’t see something that matches your skills or tickles your fancy, and you think you are good enough for us to create a job for you, we invite you to send us your resume with an email on why.
We are all busy here at StyledOn, so don’t send us fluff.
The more creative, the more thoughtful, the better your chances! Email email@example.com with your proposed title in the subject line.
- Director of Product Management / Senior Product Manager
- Rails Developer
- Marketing Manager - Offline
- Editorial Internship
- Strategy & Operations Internship
Director of Product Management / Senior Product Manager
Location: New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
How we define Product Management:
Product Management brings our ideas to fruition. This takes a supernatural ability to be both technical and creative, and, most importantly, to project manage to successful launch. StyledOn is creating a social network that is laser focused on “style”, and we are looking for individuals who are masters at creating, managing, and nurturing both online social mediums and mobile products. Product management is our guiding light as to what our market wants/craves/needs and helps our marketing department in positioning, packaging, and promoting the products that are created—after all, no one is more passionate than the creator!
The role: Director of Product Management / Senior Product Manager
StyledOn is looking for a Product Jedi Master. We are in the troughs of re-launching our online properties and creating our mobile applications and we need a hard-nosed, battle-tested technologist who knows how to bring to market a hatched idea. He/she needs to be ambitious and self-managed with a proven track record of defining, creating and managing market leading interactive products in a consumer-facing environment. We employ both internal shared resources and outsourced development houses to accomplish our product goals, so we are looking for someone who also has experience managing a diverse development environment.
Responsibilities boiled down:
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape in our vertical through analysis, user research and site testing
- Lead usability tests, feasibility studies, review web analytics and conduct user research to deliver high-quality products that meet user needs, or, better yet, create new user “needs”
- Own and manage every aspect of the product lifecycle and user experience.
- Clearly define requirements at a functional and technical level
- Scope project strategies, initiatives, budgets and resources
- Develop project plan and resource allocation
- Maintain overall product and feature roadmap
- Analyze and present hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Define, monitor and report progress against key success metrics
- Translate product strategies and objectives into specific tactical plans
- And, most importantly, EXECUTE on plan and hit timelines and targets!
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred (MS or Ph.D is a plus).
- Minimum of 5-8 years of product design and management experience in web-based businesses.
- Experience in working on online content businesses, and in particular, experience in building online communities.
- Experience in product design and management of mobile products.
- Product management record (e.g. writing MRDs and PRDs, performing competitive analysis, creating product roadmaps, creating presentations that communicate product features & benefits, defining user interfaces, creating wireframes).
- Analytical thinker with exceptional verbal and written skills; this individual is the communication hub of product-related matters and must be able to communicate effectively with different roles in the company.
- Strong business acumen and grasp of business fundamentals.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills with ability to interpret data into key learnings and product strategy.
- Self-starter and team player.
- High level of comfort with working closely with developers.
- High integrity and a record of excellence in your work.
- A true passion for product design and user experience.
- Deep understanding of the “social sphere” space.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong technical abilities.
- Experience in project managing outsourced development.
How to apply:
We receive hundreds of resumes and we can’t read them all. If you are interested in this position, and consider your skill set a good fit, do more than just send us your resume. If you are serious about being considered and want us to spend our time in reviewing your qualifications, then you should spend your time in presenting to us why you are a good fit. Include in your email something, anything that separates you from the crowd. Get creative! Get inventive! Give us your ideas of a product roadmap. Tell us where we are falling short. Give us your idea on a mobile app. We dare you to come up with something that makes us salivate so we can’t wait to hire you!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Product Management / Senior Product Manager” in the subject line.
Looking forward to seeing your idea(s)!